Physical Education (PE) and Sports Premium 2019-2020
Sport Premium is an amount of money which the government has agreed to allocate to schools to increase the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision, and increase participation in PE and Sport. The funding amount received by schools is based upon the number of children of primary age at the school and a lump sum.
At Blackgates Primary School the PE Leader, Miss Ruse, has the responsibility for developing PE and Sport and deciding upon the effective use of Sport Premium Funding. Our school already has an excellent reputation for Sport and P.E. and we are proud of all our sporting achievements. We welcome the additional funding, which will further enhance our provision and provide additional opportunities for increased participation.
Click here to see the Sports Premium Funding (2019-2020) breakdown
It is important to us at Blackgates Primary School that our Sports Premium funding is spent in a sustainable way which actively promotes sport and physical activity, encourages children to participate, increases pupil engagement and has a positive impact on pupil's physical fitness, healthy lifestyles, skills and behaviour.
We do this by:
- Investing in our staff CPD through coaching provided by specialist sports coaches and specialist P.E. teachers;
- Using the expertise we have within our own staff to support, coach and train other members of staff;
- Using the funding to make it possible for our children to participate in sports competitions and tournaments during and outside of school time;
- Supporting the provision of sports lunchtime and after school clubs;
- Monitoring the impact to inform future spending;
- Purchasing sports and playground equipment to support active learning.
Swimming Data 2019-2020